Daniel O. Carroll is co-chair of Schenck Price's Health Care Law Practice Group as well as the Corporate Practice Group. Dan also co-chairs the Firm's Pharmaceutical Industry and Pharmacy Practice Group.
Dan’s practice is currently primarily focused on representing hospitals and hospital systems with respect to their corporate and transactional needs. He represents Atlantic Health System, RWJ Barnabas Health and Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center, in connection with corporate governance matters, strategic affiliations, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as the drafting and negotiation of corporate governance documents, transactional documents and various agreements related to professional services, clinical trials, consulting services, technology and software licensing, real estate leasing, equipment leasing and other operational matters. Dan also represents closely held and/or family businesses with respect to general corporate matters, such as general business counseling, structuring entities, business governance and transactions.
Dan's professional affiliations include membership in the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Business Law Section and Health Law Section, the Inn of Transactional Counsel (Morris and Essex Counties) and the American Health Lawyers Association. In addition, he is a graduate of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Morris Class of 2011 and has participated in and presented at events for the Rothman Institute of Entrepreneurship, Fairleigh Dickinson University (Madison, NJ).
Prior to joining the Firm, Dan was an associate at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, LLP in New York, where he was a member of that firm's Capital Markets Department.
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine's 2018 and 2019 "Top Lawyers" in Health Care Law
- Contributing author, December 2019 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, June 2019 Legal Updates for Business
- Author, "COVID-19: Executive Order Grants Federal Government Broad Power Over Health and Medical Resources"
- Author," Provisions of the CARES Act Impacting Hospitals and Health Systems"
- Contributing author, February 2019 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, December 2018 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, October 2018 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, August 2018 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, March 2018 Legal Updates for Businesses
- Contributing author, December 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, July 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, May 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, March 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, January 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Co-author, "Electronic Health Records - IT's a HIT," New Jersey Lawyer magazine (April 2016)
- New Jersey’s Emergency Health Powers Act, presented at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick (March 10, 2011)
- Havana Club Holding, S.A. v. Galleon, S.A.: District Court Orders Up “One Havana Club Rum and Whatever Congress Is Having,” Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law (Spring 2000)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section and Health Law Section
- Member, the Inn of Transactional Counsel (Morris and Essex Counties)
- Member, Leadership Morris Class of 2011 (Morris County Chamber of Commerce)
- Participant in events of the Rothman Institute of Entrepreneurship at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Advised hospitals and healthcare-related entities on a variety of regulatory compliance matters
- Represents a diverse array of business clients, including both family-owned and closely-held businesses and large regional/national corporate clients, in matters including general corporate matters, entity formation, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, commercial transactions, real estate related transactions, securities law issues, financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions