Jordan M. Wassel joined Schenck Price in 2015 and is a member of the firm’s Estate, Gift & Charitable Planning and Elder and Special Needs Practice Groups. He assists his clients with the development of their estate plans including, but not limited to, the preparation of general durable powers of attorney, advance directives, last wills and testaments, revocable living trusts and life insurance trusts. Jordan also assists his clients with all aspects of estate and trust administration including probate matters and with the preparation of federal and New Jersey estate tax returns and New Jersey inheritance tax returns.
Prior to joining Schenck Price, Jordan worked as an attorney in the estate department of a large, well-known Baltimore law firm and at the Baltimore County Register of Wills.
Jordan lives in Hoboken with his wife, Danielle, and son, Lucas.
- Speaker, Estate and Gift Planning after TCJA 2017 and Repeal of the New Jersey Estate Tax " 2018 Elder and Disability Law Symposium"
- Author, "Do I Need Estate Plan?" Meadowlands Chamber of Commerce Magazine
- Speaker, Tax Cuts and Job Act (TCJA 2017): Impact on Seniors and Person with Disabilities"2018 Elder Law in a Day"
- Co-Author, The Affordable Care Act and Your 2016 Income Tax Return, March 3, 2017
- Co-authored “New Jersey Death Tax Returns and Issues Related to Taxation of Special Needs and Supplemental Benefits Trusts” Presented for 2015 NJICLE Elder Law Retreat
- Co-Authored “Selected Elder Law and Special Needs Law Update and Related Tax and Planning Issues” Presented for the 2015 NJICLE Estate Planning Summer Institute
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association