Jordan M. Wassel joined Schenck Price in 2015 and is a member of the firm’s Estate, Gift & Charitable Planning and Elder and Special Needs Practice Groups. He focuses his practice on estate planning and estate administration.
On the planning side, he counsels clients to develop an estate plan tailored and customized to meet their needs and wishes. He prepares numerous estate planning documents including, but not limited to, general durable powers of attorney, advance directives for health care, last wills and testaments, revocable living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and gift trusts.
When a loved one passes away, Jordan guides the family through the estate and trust administration process, helping navigate them through probate and advising on all matters pertaining to the decedent’s assets.
He also assists seniors, individuals with special needs, and their families, in planning for incapacity and establishing and maintaining eligibility for government benefits.
Jordan prides himself on his ability not only to create and administer an efficient estate plan, but one that the client can understand.
Prior to joining Schenck Price, Jordan worked as an attorney in the estate department of a large, well-known Baltimore law firm and at the Baltimore County Register of Wills.
- Nov 30, 2021Estate, Gift and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Exclusion Amounts for 2022
- Jul 28, 2021Governor Murphy Signs Permanent Law Permitting Remote Notarial Services
- Jan 27, 2021ALS Disability Insurance Access Act of 2019 Signed Into Law
- Jan 4, 2021Estate, Gift, and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Exclusion Amounts for 2021
- Jan 6, 2020The SECURE Act: Impact on IRAs and other Retirement Plans and on Estate, Elder Law and Special Needs Planning
- Mar 3, 2017The Affordable Care Act and Your 2016 Income Tax Return
- Oct 18, 2016Repeal of the New Jersey Estate Tax
- Aug 18, 202110 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 4 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Aug 19, 20219 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 5 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Sep 29, 2020Estate Planning for Your Young Family: If Not Now, When? Back by Popular Demand!
- May 27, 2020Estate Planning for Your Young Family: If Not Now, When?
- Oct 22, 2018NJICLE 20th Annual Elder & Disability Law Symposium
- Apr 2, 2018World Autism Awareness Day
- Included on the list of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, in Elder Law and Trusts and Estates, 2022-2023*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Co-presenter, "Elder and Special Needs Transfer and Trust Planning Under Proposed Biden Tax Law Changes," NJICLE’s Elder and Disability Law Symposium, December 17, 2021
- Author, "Estate, Gift and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Exclusion Amounts for 2022," November 30, 2021
- Author, "Governor Murphy Signs Permanent Law Permitting Remote Notarial Services," July 28, 2021
- Co-presenter, "Comparing Trusts and Outright Transfers in Long Term Care and Estate Planning," Sophisticated Elder Law Conference, July 14, 2021
- Author, "ALS Disability Insurance Access Act of 2019 Signed Into Law," January 27, 2021
- Author, "Estate, Gift, and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Exclusion Amounts for 2021," January 4, 2021
- Co-speaker, "Estate and Gift Tax Planning: 20/20 Vision," NJICLE's 22nd Annual Elder & Disability Law Symposium, December 1, 2020
- Co-presenter, "Estate Planning for Your Young Family Family: If Not Now, When?" Schenck Price webinar, September 29, 2020
- Co-presenter, "Estate Planning for Your Young Family: If Not Now, When?" Schenck Price webinar, May 27, 2020
- Co-presenter, "Learn How to Handle the Elder Law Matters You're Bound to Encounter," 2020 Elder Law in a Day seminar, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, January 29, 2020
- Author, "The SECURE Act: Impact on IRAs and Other Retirement Plans and on Estate, Elder Law and Special Needs Planning," January 6, 2020
- Co-presenter, "Highlights of Basic New Jersey Estate Administration," Lawline, September 2019
- Speaker, Estate and Gift Planning after TCJA 2017 and Repeal of the New Jersey Estate Tax " 2018 Elder and Disability Law Symposium"
- Author, "Do I Need Estate Plan?" Meadowlands Chamber of Commerce Magazine
- Speaker, Tax Cuts and Job Act (TCJA 2017): Impact on Seniors and Person with Disabilities"2018 Elder Law in a Day"
- Co-Author, The Affordable Care Act and Your 2016 Income Tax Return, March 3, 2017
- Co-authored “New Jersey Death Tax Returns and Issues Related to Taxation of Special Needs and Supplemental Benefits Trusts” Presented for 2015 NJICLE Elder Law Retreat
- Co-Authored “Selected Elder Law and Special Needs Law Update and Related Tax and Planning Issues” Presented for the 2015 NJICLE Estate Planning Summer Institute
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association