Joseph Amoroso is a highly accomplished litigation attorney with more than 15 years of experience in a wide variety of complex litigation matters representing businesses of all sizes, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies, in both single plaintiff cases and large class action and multidistrict lawsuits, at all levels of the state and federal courts, as well as through various alternate dispute resolution and administrative processes.
Joseph also acts as in-house counsel to various small and mid-sized corporations in a wide variety of industries. He concentrates his practice in the areas of product liability, insurance defense, employment litigation, environmental law, appellate practice and corporate defense.
From 2001 to 2002, Joseph served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable James J. Petrella, Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division.
- "In Hot Pursuit of NRD Claims,” Environmental Claims Journal, 19(4):219-238 (2007) Co-author
- Member, Washington Township Environmental Commission
- Board Member, St. Peters Preparatory School Alumni Association
- Member, National Italian American Foundation
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Represented an international telecommunications client in multi-party $7 million complex litigation dispute, obtaining a successful resolution at trial
- Represented a global Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company in multidistrict mass tort product liability class actions involving allegations that their drug, which is contained in its over-the-counter cold medicine, caused stroke
- Represented an international Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company in a multidistrict class action litigation involving a cholesterol lowering drug alleged to have caused rhabdomyolysis
- Litigated a multibillion-dollar antitrust dispute between multinational pharmaceutical companies in federal district court and before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Successfully settled a multimillion-dollar commercial dispute on behalf of a Chinese chemical supplier and a large worldwide pharmaceutical company
- Provided representation to a Fortune 50 pharmacy store chain in various negligence-related lawsuits, including prescription error and wrongful death cases
- Partnered with team of attorneys that successfully appealed to the New Jersey Supreme Court on behalf of an insured to overturn the largest medical malpractice verdict in State history
- Defended one of the largest liquid petroleum gas distributors in the United States in numerous types of matters venued in the New Jersey and New York courts, including cases involving consumer fraud and price fixing, as well as negligence and common law fraud
- Achieved favorable results for clients in numerous Superfund and state law environmental lawsuits and allocation proceedings brought in New York and New Jersey
- Obtained several dismissals of catastrophic injury actions in numerous state and federal lawsuits brought against a forklift manufacturer in New York and New Jersey, involving allegations of defective designs, inadequate warnings, or failure to meet appropriate standards of care