Thomas N. Gamarello joined the Firm in 2015 as an associate in the Litigation Department. Identified as a Rising Star, Super Lawyer for the first time in 2018, Tom is a member of the firm's Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Insurance Defense and Estate and Trust litigation groups. Tom regularly represents multi-million-dollar companies in several of the Firm’s largest and most sophisticated cases, both in the trial and appellate courts of New Jersey and New York, and in federal court. He is skilled in defending companies in construction defect, commercial and residential real estate, condominium litigation, insurance defense, professional malpractice and business litigation lawsuits at all phases of the trial and appeals process. He also manages massive e-discovery projects and utilizes new technologies to provide cost-efficient solutions and services to his clients.
Tom is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, where he is also a member of the Construction Law Section, and the New York State Bar Association. He has also lectured groups of contractors on the particular provisions of construction contracts, including indemnification, limitation of liability and arbitration clauses, and on a wide array of topics such as construction lien law and post-judgment collections.
Tom received his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law while attending school at night and working full-time. He was a Chancellor’s Scholar, an Associate Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review, and graduated ranked sixth in his class. During law school, Tom interned at the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General in the Appellate Bureau of the Division of Criminal Justice and authored briefs and an extensive legal research project on developments in Fourth Amendment search-and-seizure law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Tom worked in the legal department of ADP for over ten years as a corporate paralegal, focusing on commercial real estate, real property tax appeals, corporate governance and general litigation.
Tom graduated, magna cum laude, from Lehigh University with a B.A. in both Political Science and Music, and, as a Presidential Scholar, graduated, magna cum laude from Lehigh with an M.A. in Political Science one-year later. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor fraternity. Tom is also an active professional musician.
- Aug 18, 202110 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 4 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Mar 17, 20222022 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 34 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Aug 19, 20219 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 5 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Jul 2, 2021New Jersey State Bar Association Construction Law Section
- March 23, 20212021 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 32 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Mar 13, 20202020 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Included on the list of The Best Lawyers in America: One to Watch, in Commercial Litigation (2022-2023)*
- Selected to the 2018-2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars®* list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Business Litigation
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Co-author, "Not Every Breach of Contract Claim is a Violation of the Consumer Fraud Act," The New Jersey Law Journal, July 21, 2022
- Co-author, "Is Coverage Barred? Assault and Battery Exclusions in Commercial General Liability Policies," New Jersey Lawyer, October 2021
- Author, "Health Care Professionals and Facilities MUST Take Note: New Legislation Offers Immunity But Only for Acts or Omissions Related to the Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic," April 15, 2020
- Panelist, "Construction Defect Litigation: Change Orders and Differing Site Conditions," Construction Law Seminar, June 2019
- Author, "Owner Participation in Tortious Conduct of LLC: The Potential for Individual Liability," New Jersey Law Journal, March 7, 2019
- Presenter, Construction Law Seminar, Blue Ridge Lumber, Contract Basics and Collections Process, February 6, 2018
- Presenter, Construction Law Seminar, Blue Ridge Lumber, March 28, 2017
- Co-Secretary, New Jersey State Bar Association Construction Law Section
- Represented a commercial landlord in a jury trial and won a directed verdict granting client’s claim for breach of contract and dismissing all of the commercial tenant’s claims for property damages and trespass.
- Represented a construction material supplier in a bench trial and won client’s full claim for damages, including statutory attorneys’ fees for adversary’s violation of the Construction Lien Law and a judgment in foreclosure of the adversary’s real property.
- Represented a school district in a million-dollar inverse condemnation action.
- Represented a medical transportation provider against class certification in a multi-million dollar complex commercial lawsuit
- Represented a multi-billion dollar non-profit corporation in a real property dispute in the trial court, and on appeal before the Appellate Division and the New Jersey Supreme Court
- Represented a gas and oil company in a commercial contract dispute where we obtained a $500,000 summary judgment
- Represented a radiologist in a professional malpractice matter where we obtained summary judgment
- Represented a property management company in a real property dispute involving a large senior citizen facility where we obtained summary judgment
- Represented an insurance carrier in a large multi-state complex contract dispute involving medical services and health insurance coverage
- Represented a contractor in large construction defect case involving condominium construction
- Represented an insurance agency accused of failing to obtain flood insurance before Hurricane Sandy
- Represented a contractor in multi-million dollar class-action lawsuit involving defective drywall products
- Represented a commercial construction firm in multi-million dollar complex construction defect case
- Represented an insurance provider in multi-million dollar Hurricane Sandy-related construction lawsuit
- Represented beneficiaries in a multi-million dollar trust dispute