Paul H. Green chairs the Firm’s Technology and Social Media Practice Group and is a member of the School Law and Labor and Employment Practice Groups. He counsels boards of education in all facets of school law and is highly regarded for his particular depth in public bidding and contract matters, employee relations and cyberlaw issues.
Paul has devoted his legal career to representing school districts as well as a broad range of other public and private employers. He was fortunate to have worked for many years with his father, Jacob Green, a pioneer in New Jersey school law and public sector labor relations, and to have participated in the evolution of New Jersey public sector labor law. Paul regularly appears before the Office of Administrative Law/Commissioner of Education, the Public Employment Relations Commission, the Division on Civil Rights, and State and federal courts.
He is a member of the National Schools Boards Association Council of School Attorneys and is a member and former president of the New Jersey Association of School Attorneys.
Further, Paul’s prior experience in information technology and his deep interest in the rapidly developing technology sector and associated legal developments has led to his counseling a wide variety of clients on a multitude of legal issues arising in technology-related areas.
He frequently lectures and provides in-services on topics such as legal aspects of technology, energy-savings programs and power purchase agreements, public contracting pitfalls, sexual harassment, bullying, student discipline, student free speech, employee evaluation and discipline, special education/Section 504, and public and student records issues.
- Jun 24, 2021Supreme Court Rules for Cheerleader in Off-Campus Free Speech Case
- Oct 13, 2020New Emergency Public Meetings Regulations
- Sep 30, 2020Governor Murphy Signs Bill S-2303 Regarding Subcontracting Agreements
- Aug 17, 2020New Law Grants Sweeping Discipline Protections to Educational Support Staff
- Apr 1, 2020CARES Act Provides for Emergency School Funding -- With a Catch
- Mar 25, 2020Governor Murphy Signs New Bills into Law Affecting School Districts
- Feb 10, 2020Superior Court Judge Invites School Districts to Join Major Discrimination Lawsuit
- Jul 27, 2012Supreme Court Sheds Light on the Sunshine Law
- Jun 23, 2022Morris/Essex Health & Life Publishes List of "Morris County Top Lawyers 2022"
- Jun 8, 2021Morris County Top Lawyers 2021
- Jul 28, 2020School Law Practice Group Celebrates 10 Years at Schenck Price
- Jul 6, 2020"Morris County Top Lawyers 2020"
- Apr 30, 2020Returning from COVID-19: Navigating and Responding to Issues as Schools Go Back to the "New Normal"
- May 19, 2017Paul H. Green was elected as the Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Administrative Law Section.
- Nov 9, 2011Passaic County School Boards Association
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers®* list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Schools and Education
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine's 2022 "Top Lawyers" in Technology Virtual*
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine's 2019, 2020 and 2021 "Top Lawyers" in Education*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Speaker, "The New First Amendment Frontier: Off-Campus Speech and Student Discipline," New Jersey School Boards Association's School Law Forum, December 9, 2020
- Co-author, "New Emergency Public Meetings Regulations," October 13, 2020
- Co-author, "Governor Murphy Signs Bill S-2303 Regarding Subcontracting Agreements," September 30, 2020
- Webinar presenter, "Returning from COVID-19: Navigating and Responding to Issues as Schools Go Back to the "New Normal," April 30, 2020
- Author, "CARES Act Provides for Emergency School Funding -- With a Catch," April 1, 2020
- Co-author, "Governor Murphy Signs New Bills into Law Affecting School Districts," March 25, 2020
- Author, "Superior Court Judge Invites School Districts to Join Major Discrimination Lawsuit," February 10, 2020
- Frequent lecturer and provides in-services on topics such as legal aspects of technology, energy-savings programs and power purchase agreements, public contracting pitfalls, sexual harassment, bullying, student discipline, student free speech, employee evaluation and discipline, special education/Section 504, and public and student records issues
- Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association Administrative Law Section
- Member, National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Member and Former President, New Jersey Association of School Attorneys
- Accomplished in development and analysis of public employee salary guides
- Obtained favorable ruling from Public Employment Relations Commission overturning prior precedent and refusing to order teacher salary guide movement at the expiration of a 2-year contract
- Successful representation of school districts and other public and private employers in collective bargaining with multiple favorable outcomes