Joseph Maddaloni Jr., co-chair of our Labor and Employment Practice Group, is a former general counsel for an international service company who concentrates his practice in the areas of labor & employment law, commercial law, and regulatory and government affairs.
Joe represents management in all phases of labor and employment law. He is a seasoned traditional labor lawyer who counsels and represents clients on labor matters, including union avoidance techniques, organizing campaign strategy, contract negotiation and administration. He also assists in resolving unfair labor practice charges. Joe also represents management in general employment litigation and counseling matters concerning discharge, discrimination and harassment, non-compete and restrictive covenants, wage and hour, severance and separation agreements, disciplinary actions, and the development of policies and procedures. He also handles general commercial litigation and counseling concerning contract disputes, lease agreements and sale of goods.
Joe regularly provides counseling and representation to home care companies and private duty agencies nationwide. He is a leading regulatory authority on the home care industry, and he lectures and writes extensively on issues important to the home care industry. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Home Care Council of New Jersey, and the Chief Executive Officer of the Home Health Services Association of New Jersey. He serves on the Board of Directors of the National Institute for Home Care Accreditation, and he formerly served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Home Care Association of New Jersey.
Joe is also a former municipal attorney. He is well-versed in all phases of government affairs. He represents clients in matters before municipal, state and federal agencies.
Joe is a founding member and Trustee of Vero Amici for Charity, a charitable organization that provides grants and funding to persons and organizations in need in Northern New Jersey.
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine's 2018, 2019 and 2020 "Top Lawyers" in Labor & Employment
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine in the field of Employment Law
- Co-presenter, "COVID-19 Leave Policies and Return to Work Issues" webinar, September 10, 2020
- Contributing author, June 2019 Legal Updates for Businesses
- Author, "Coronavirus Legal Issues Update - N.J. Coronavirus Legislation Signed into Law," March 12, 2020
- Presenter, “Employment Law Issues for Small Businesses,” Morris County Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management, April 25, 2019
- Contributing author, September 2018 Legal Updates for Businesses
- Speaker, "Employers Beware! New Equal Pay and Paid Sick Leave Laws are Potential Minefields of Liability for Employers," July 25, 2018
- Co-author, "Why You Too Should Care About #MeToo: How Social Media is Shifting the Regulatory Compliance Landscape for Employers"
- Contributing author, December 2017 Legal Updates for Businesses
- Co-author, "Advancements in Tech Create Unique Legal Challenges as Corporate Reliance on Artificial Intelligence Increases"
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association