Jeremy M. Garlock handles all aspects of banking, transactional and corporate matters and has managed transactions in excess of several hundred million dollars in the aggregate throughout his career. Jeremy co-chairs Schenck Price's Banking and Finance Practice Group.
Regional, national and international banks, as well as credit unions, are among those Jeremy has represented. He also focuses on acquisition and sale of businesses and real estate, including multi-family, industrial and retail properties.
Jeremy is often called upon to structure acquisitions and to utilize various governmental credit incentive programs in such transactions, including the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA), Small Business Administration, Certified Development Companies (CDCs) and New York Industrial Development Agencies (NYIDAs).
Further, Jeremy has frequently represented out-of-state entities that wish to either relocate their operations to New Jersey or invest in New Jersey.
Jeremy began his legal career with Schenck Price as a summer associate. Prior to joining the Firm, he was a staff accountant for Ernst & Young (New York, NY).
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America® (2024)*
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars®* list, published by Thomson Reuters, in the field of Banking
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for awards information and methodology.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Past Member, Morris and Essex County Inn of Transactional Counsel (Inaugural Counsel)
- Represented numerous banks and credit unions in closing approximately forty to fifty loans annually totaling over $250M including $15M and $9M NJEDA tax-exemption bonds, $25M line of credit to major health care organization, $10M commercial refinancing of four industrial properties, approximately six to eight SBA 504 loans per year, approximately 30 other credit facilities including mortgage and acquisition loans, construction loans, lines of credit, and asset-based facilities, ranging from $5000K-$20M
- Represented real estate entity in $19M real estate disposition, $12M acquisition and various note and mortgage purchases relating to diverse real estate property types
- Represented numerous banks and credit unions in various loan workouts and restructurings including multi-credit facility to related borrowers and guarantors totaling over $10M