James Dempsey, Co-chair of the Firm's Commercial Restructuring and Workouts Practice Group, represents financial institutions and creditors and concentrates his practice on all aspects of commercial lending and secured transactions, including asset-based financing, cash-flow, mortgage warehousing, middle market, construction financing and syndicated credit arrangements. He also advises clients on a wide variety of loan workouts, forbearance matters and credit restructuring.
Jim is experienced in merger and acquisition financing and frequently counsels clients on various corporate matters as well as bank financing transactions.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- June 5, 2023Six Schenck Price Attorneys and Environmental Law Practice Group Recognized by Chambers USA 2023
- Jun 27, 2022Environmental Practice and Six Schenck Price Attorneys Recognized in Chambers USA for 2022
- May 27, 2021Schenck Price Attorneys and Practice Recognized by Chambers USA
- Apr 29, 2020Schenck Price Recognized by Chambers USA
- May 21, 2018Partner James Dempsey Joins Corporate and Business Law Practice
- Recognized by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance Law (2020-2023)*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for awards information and methodology.
- Author, "UCC Consignments and Lending Against Consigned Inventory," Legal Updates for Businesses, October 19, 2023
- Author, "Considerations Between the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Documentation" April 16, 2020
- Author, "Secured Transactions Strategies Concerning UCC Filings," Legal Updates for Businesses, October 2020
- Author, "Considerations Between the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Documentation," April 16, 2020
- Board Member, American Red Cross, Middlesex County Chapter, 2020-2022
- Executive Board Member, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Banking Law Section
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Representation of banking institutions and commercial finance companies in both single-lender and syndicated credit arrangements regarding asset-based, cash-flow, intercreditor, mezzanine, middle market and mortgage warehouse facilities ranging from $5 million to $1 billion
- Representation of banking institutions and commercial finance companies in a wide variety of workout, forbearance, and Article 9 foreclosure proceedings involving liquidation and debt and equity restructurings
- Representation of banking institutions and commercial finance companies regarding acquisition and private equity financings in a wide variety of industries