Gary F. Werner is Schenck Price's Managing Partner. He also Chairs the Firm's Management Committee.
Gary has more than three decades of experience in all types of complex commercial litigation. He has extensive jury trial experience and has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout the United States. Gary also has significant experience in arbitration and has appeared in arbitration forums throughout the United States.
Selected to the 2008 through 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of construction / surety law, Gary serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Construction Law Practice Group. His construction practice covers all areas of construction law, from the pre-bid process, to public bidding disputes, to contract negotiation, to construction liens, labor issues and OSHA claims. He counsels clients throughout the construction phase in order to avoid and mitigate claims and to be strategically positioned if litigation or arbitration is required.
Gary’s commercial litigation practice includes partnership disputes, trade secret and restrictive covenant litigation, and franchisor/franchisee litigation as well as sophisticated corporate contractual disputes.
He is also counsel to the boards of several public educational institutions, where his practice involves all aspects of education law, including board governance issues, regulatory law and labor law issues.
As a frequent lecturer on construction law issues as well as mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Gary shares his experience and knowledge with professional associations, law schools, construction industry trade groups and school law organizations. He is an ad hoc lecturer on ADR issues for New York area law schools. Gary is also a presenter of in-house seminars on how to effectively avoid and mitigate claims arising on construction projects.
- Mar 5, 2013Review of Real Property Tax Assessments Following Hurricane Sandy
- Feb 21, 2013Most Hurricane Sandy Flood Payouts Paid on a Depreciated Basis
- Jan 7, 2013Prompt Disposition of Claims
- Jan 6, 2013Adjustment of First-Party Claims Post-Sandy
- Jan 4, 2013Concurrent Causation - Efficient Proximate Cause
- Jan 3, 2013Business Interruption
- Jan 2, 2013Hurricane Sandy - Deductibles
- Jan 1, 2013Mold Claims
- Mar 14, 2012Appellate Division in a Construction Dispute Dismisses Breach of Contract Action Seeking Lost Profits and in Doing so Highlights the Need to Meticulously Prepare a Damages Calculation and Proffer Expe
- Apr 5, 2022Two Schenck Price Attorneys Appear on Super Lawyers "Top 100" List
- Mar 17, 20222022 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 34 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Mar 9, 2022Schenck Price Scholarship
- Jan 10, 2022This Cavalry Carried Law Books
- Oct 4, 20212021 Jewish Law Symposium
- Aug 19, 20219 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 5 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Aug 18, 2021Schenck Price's Werner Is Bullish About What's Next for His 109-Year-Old Firm
- Jun 8, 2021Morris County Top Lawyers 2021
- May 27, 2021Schenck Price Attorneys and Practice Recognized by Chambers USA
- March 23, 20212021 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 32 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Aug 20, 2020The Best Lawyers in America 2021
- Jul 6, 2020"Morris County Top Lawyers 2020"
- Apr 29, 2020Schenck Price Recognized by Chambers USA
- Mar 16, 2020Coronavirus Notice to Friends, Clients and Colleagues
- Mar 13, 20202020 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Nov 7, 2019John D. McCarthy Honored by Irish Business Association
- Aug 16, 2019Four Schenck Price Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- Oct 30, 2018Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Jun 2, 2018Garden State Bar Association's 43rd Anniversary Scholarship & Awards Gala
- Jun 28, 2017SPSK Scholarship
- Jun 13, 2016Gary F. Werner Featured in June 13, 2016 NJBIZ "Close Up" Article
- Mar 17, 2016Client Appreciation Get-Together
- Mar 1, 2007New Jersey Transit
- Recipient, 2021 New Jersey Law Journal Professional Excellence Award, recognition as a mentor*
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America® in Construction Law (2020- 2022)*
- Recognized in Chambers USA in 2020 as a leading lawyer in Construction Law, 2020-2021*
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine’s 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 “Top Lawyers” in Construction*
- AV® rated, the highest rating conferred by Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and professional ethics, based upon a peer review of the Bar and the Judiciary*
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, 2008-2022, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine,in the area of Construction Litigation. In 2022, included on the list of "Top 100" New Jersey Super Lawyers.*
- Rutgers Law Review Editor while in law school
- Frequent lecturer on construction law issues as well as mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Presenter of in-house seminars to owners, contractors, and construction managers on how to effectively avoid and mitigate claims arising on construction projects
- Ad hoc lecturer on ADR issues for New York metropolitan area law schools
- Member, National Advisory Board of the John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Member, American Bar Association—Civil Trial Section, Construction Litigation Section, and ADR Section
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association—Civil Trial Section, Construction Law Section, and Public Contracts Section
- Represented a Fortune 100 corporate owner in a $15M water infiltration and delay claim construction case
- Represented a public college in a $24M dispute with its surety over a claim for delay, mold infestation, and related damage to dormitories
- Represented a regional school board in all aspects of its $45M construction renovation project
- Represented numerous contractors in sophisticated delay claim litigations