Franklin Barbosa, Jr. assists clients with a range of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy matters. Franklin has represented in bankruptcy proceedings various parties, including chapter 7 trustees, a liquidation trustee and secured and unsecured creditors. He has worked on such matters as automatic stay motions, claim objections, non-dischargeability issues and avoidance actions.
In addition to his bankruptcy and creditors’ rights work, Franklin is an experienced commercial litigator. He has represented businesses, municipalities and licensed professionals concerning contract disputes, business tort claims, redevelopment disputes, professional malpractice actions, and restrictive covenant litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Franklin interned with the Hon. Stuart A. Rabner, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court and the Hon. Cathy L. Waldor, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey. While in law school, Franklin served as Vice President of the Seton Hall University School of Law’s Student Bar Association and as Legislative Editor of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- February 24, 2023Keep Your Business Partners Close: U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Innocent Debtor Cannot Obtain Discharge for Fraud Committed by Business Partner
- February 22, 2023Recent SDNY Bankruptcy Court Decision Bucks Longstanding Precedent and Endorses Debtor-Friendly "Time Approach" Method for Calculating Landlord Rent Claims
- February 10, 2023Financial Distress Requirement Reinforced by Third Circuit Dismissal of J&J Talc Bankruptcy
- January 25, 2023New Jersey Governor Signs Law Expediting Construction Permitting Process
- May 15, 2019Governor Signs Bill Eliminating Statute of Limitations, Expanding Passive Abuser Liability and Reviving Expired Claims Under the Child Sexual Abuse Act, N.J.S.A. § 2A:61B-1, et seq.
- May 6, 2019Surf-By Lawsuits Come to New Jersey Threatening Business Websites
- August 17, 2023Nineteen Schenck Price Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- June 16, 2023Supreme Court Declines to Disturb Summary Judgment Victory in Favor of the City of Newark and Top Officials
- May 13, 2023Schenck Price Goes the Distance for Bike MS
- May 11, 20232023 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists Include 30 Schenck Price Attorneys
- April 12, 2023John E. Ursin and Franklin Barbosa, Jr. Win Whistleblower Case With Summary Judgment Decision
- Mar 17, 20222022 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 34 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Oct 11, 2021Schenck Price Welcomes Back Franklin Barbosa, Jr.
- Listed among the "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch" by The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Commercial Litigation (2024)*
- Selected to the 2019-2023 New Jersey Rising Stars® * list, published by Thomson Reuters
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read awards information and methodology.
Author, "Financial Distress Requirement Reinforced by Third Circuit Dismissal of J&J Talc Bankruptcy," February 10, 2023
Co-Author, "New Jersey Governor Signs Law Expediting Construction Permitting Process," January 25, 2023
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- 2018 Fellow, Lead New Jersey