Frank Coscia’s background as a Property and Casualty, Life and Health Insurance Producer licensed by the State of New Jersey, Department of Banking and Insurance, for the past 30 years, affords him considerable insight in his representation of insurance carriers, their insureds, third-party administrators, producers and other licensees, on a wide array of issues involving insurance defense, coverage and regulatory matters. Further, as a former Chair and current Member of the Executive Committee of the Insurance Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Frank regularly has the opportunity to interact with legislative and regulatory policymakers with regard to a variety of insurance issues.
In addition, Frank’s involvement in the emergency medical services field for the past 35 years provides him with unique experience in representing clients involved in a variety of natural and business disaster matters requiring crisis management.
In addition to serving as a life member of two volunteer ambulance services in the State of New Jersey, Frank is also a former law enforcement officer and counsel to the Passaic County Branch of the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Since 2006, Frank has served as defense counsel of North Haledon Police Department’s Policemen’s Benevolent Association (PBA).
As a former State of New Jersey certified medical emergency medical technician and counsel to volunteer emergency ambulance services, Frank has acquired substantial emergency management training, which provides clients with essential and specialized skills necessary to evaluate the issues involved in most disasters/crises and to marshal the resources needed to control the situation and to otherwise minimize the impact of the disaster/crisis.
Most recently, Frank was retained to represent a client performing work on a public works project. During the course of the client’s work on the project, an accidental discharge of millions of gallons of raw sewage occurred, thereby affecting adjacent residential and business property owners, as well as public property and waterways. In addition to rapidly responding to the crisis by protecting the client’s legal rights, Frank coordinated a team of experts to preserve evidence as well as to manage the client’s response to media requests for information concerning the incident. Over the course of his legal career, Frank has overseen numerous other matters requiring the production of statements and other information to the media.
Frank has further utilized his emergency management background to conduct and/or supervise protective investigations for clients as a preliminary step in protecting the clients’ rights in advance of potential litigation. For example, Frank recently supervised a protective investigation of an accident occurring at a construction site involving a public bus with multiple passengers claiming personal injuries.
Frank serves as Treasurer of the New Jersey Automobile Insurance Risk Exchange. Frank, a member of the Board of Directors of the Exchange since 2000, also serves as Chair of its Finance and Investment Committee.
Finally, Frank’s 18 years of experience as a Member and Chairman of the North Haledon Planning Board has provided him with valuable insight and experience in assisting clients interested in the purchase of real property including due diligence analysis of investment properties. With the support of the Firm’s real estate, tax, corporate and environmental professionals, Frank is able to coordinate a multi-faceted approach to clients seeking to acquire, develop, manage and sell real estate throughout the State.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Jan 24, 2022New Jersey Enacts Bad Faith Law Creating a Private Cause of Action Against Automobile Insurers for the Denial or Delay of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Benefits
- Mar 5, 2013Review of Real Property Tax Assessments Following Hurricane Sandy
- Feb 21, 2013Most Hurricane Sandy Flood Payouts Paid on a Depreciated Basis
- Jan 7, 2013Prompt Disposition of Claims
- Jan 6, 2013Adjustment of First-Party Claims Post-Sandy
- Jan 4, 2013Concurrent Causation - Efficient Proximate Cause
- Jan 3, 2013Business Interruption
- Jan 2, 2013Hurricane Sandy - Deductibles
- Jan 1, 2013Mold Claims
- May 21, 2021New Jersey State Bar Association, Insurance Law Section
- Jan 3, 2011North Haledon Annual Reorganization
- Oct 21, 2009Insurance in Financially Turbulent Times
- May 14, 2009NJSBA - Insurance Law Section
- Judicial clerkship with the Honorable Arthur L. Troast of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Bergen County
- Licensed New Jersey Property and Casualty, Life and Health Insurance Producer
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for awards information and methodology.
- Co-Author, "New Jersey Enacts Bad Faith Law Creating a Private Cause of Action Against Automobile Insurers for the Denial or Delay of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Benefits," Hanuary 24, 2022
- Presented and/or moderated programs for New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) and New Jersey State Bar Association—Insurance Law Section, including “Trying the Soft Tissue Case in New Jersey,” “The Duty to Defend in New Jersey,” “Emerging First-Party Insurance Issues,” “Directors and Officers and Fiduciary Liability Insurance Coverage,” “Insurance in Financially Turbulent Times,” and “Ethical Considerations and Other Issues in the Settlement Process”
- Member, Board of Directors, New Jersey Automobile Insurance Risk Exchange; Chair, Finance & Investment Committee; Member, Audit Committee
- Treasurer, New Jersey Automobile Insurance Risk Exchange
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Former Chair and Current Executive Committee Member—Insurance Law Section; Member, Nominating Committee
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association—Health & Hospital Law Section, Business & Commercial Litigation Special Committee and Insurance Defense Special Committee
- Trustee, Passaic County Bar Association; Former Chair — Insurance Committee; Member, Civil Bench-Bar Liaison Committee
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association - Judicial Selection Committee
- Member, New Jersey Defense Association
- Counsel to, and Life Member of, North Haledon Volunteer Ambulance, Inc.
- Member, Advisory Board, Lakeland Bank
- Chairman, North Haledon Planning Board
- Police Defense Counsel, Borough of North Haledon
- Court-appointed Arbitrator for Automobile, Personal Injury and Commercial/Contract Matters
- Successful representation of construction companies and related entities in defense of construction defect, construction accident and consumer fraud claims
- Successful defense and prosecution of insurance fraud claims
- Successful defense and prosecution of insurance brokers, health care providers and shareholders in liability and fraud matters
- Successful defense and prosecution of personal injury claims involving motor vehicles, premises, products, professional liability, fires, burns, dog bites and subrogation matters
- Successful representation of litigants in shareholder disputes involving the construction, health care and insurance industries, will contests, contract claims and various other chancery matters
- Representation of volunteer emergency ambulance organization in dissolution of organization and formation of new organization including negotiations with municipal, state and federal governments regarding licensing, tax and related matters