Douglas Eisenberg, Chair of the Schenck Price's Tax Planning Practice Group, represents many closely held entities in a wide variety of areas with a focus on the tax aspects of the transaction. For example, the structure of the sale of a closely held business is influenced by the tax implications which vary depending upon numerous factors. In addition to income tax considerations, estate planning (federal and state tax) may come into play.
Doug also spends a great deal of his practice interacting with the Internal Revenue Service on audits, which in some cases end up in the United States Tax Court. Finally, in addition to estate planning and administration, Doug represents tax-exempt organizations in all aspects of both tax and otherwise.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- August 17, 2023Nineteen Schenck Price Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Aug 18, 202110 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 4 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- May 23, 2022Recapitalization and Restructuring of Multifamily Asset
- Aug 19, 20219 Schenck Price Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers List; 5 to the List of "Ones to Watch"
- Jan 1, 2018Douglas Eisenberg and Farah Ansari Publish 2017 Tax Report
- Jun 27, 2017Legal Updates for Businesses - June 2017
- July 10, 2023Legal Updates for Businesses - July 2023
- February 23, 2023Legal Updates for Businesses - February 2023
- Oct 25, 2021Legal Updates for Businesses - October 2021
- Sep 20, 2019Legal Updates for Businesses - September 2019
- Dec 20, 2017Tax Report - December 2017
- Jun 26, 2017Legal Updates for Businesses - June 2017
- Listed among the Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Trusts and Estates (2022 - 2024)*
- Passed Certified Public Accountant Exam (1982)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for awards information and methodology.
- Author, "Build Back Better Act and Related Tax Changes," Legal Updates for Businesses, October 2021
- Contributing author, September 2019 Legal Updates for Business
- Co-author, December 2017 Tax Report
- Contributing author, June 2017 Legal Updates for Businesses
- Lectures on estate planning and other tax issues
- Author of two New Jersey Law Journal articles: “Asset Protection or Estate Planning Clients Must Do Both Simultaneously” (1996) and “An Offer in Compromise Might Reduce Liability,” 1994
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- President, Congregation Beth Israel, West Orange, New Jersey (2008-Present)
- Offshore voluntary disclosure filings
- Federal and state tax audits
- Numerous United States Tax Court and New Jersey Tax Court cases/matters
- Structuring sales and tax-free reorganizations of closely-held businesses/entities
- Negotiating Internal Revenue Service and New Jersey tax liabilities/workouts
- Structuring tax-free like-kind exchanges
- Structuring of start-up businesses
- Sales of subsidized low-income housing buildings