Basil F. O’Connor brings more than 35 years of experience to the Schenck Price Estate, Gift and Charitable Planning Practice group, as well as to the Estate and Trust Litigation Practice group. Prior to joining Schenck Price in 1998, Basil was associated with several major New Jersey firms and was Partner and Chair of the Trust and Estate Department of a Newark firm.
As a former attorney with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), he focused on the taxation of estates and trusts and instructed IRS attorneys and agents in technical areas including fiduciary income tax, estate and gift tax and the annual course on recent developments.
Basil is a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) and before professionals in the legal, banking and financial committees.
- Jun 23, 2022Schenck Price Welcomes New York Law School Alumni Association
- Mar 17, 20222022 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 34 Schenck Price Attorneys
- March 23, 20212021 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers Includes 32 Schenck Price Attorneys
- Mar 13, 20202020 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Oct 24, 201113th Annual New Jersey Trust & Estate Law Forum
- AV® rated, the highest rating conferred by Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and professional ethics, based upon a peer review of the Bar and the Judiciary*
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Estate Planning & Probate Law*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) and before professionals in the legal, banking, and financial committees
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association—Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and Elder Law Sections; Inheritance Tax Rules and Regulations Committee
- Former chair, Board of St. Clare’s Hospital Foundation
- Member, Probate Early Settlement Panels in Essex and Union Counties (New Jersey)
- Member, District VA Ethics Committee (Newark, New Jersey) (1996-2000)
- Former Member, Probate Early Settlement Panel, Morris County, New Jersey
- Member, Advisory Committee, Project Self Sufficiency
- Member, Legal, Wealth & Tax Advisory Committee, Community Foundation of New Jersey