Mark Silver’s practice spans a wide variety of legal concentrations. He regularly handles matters involving the following practice areas: commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability, pharmaceutical litigation, employment litigation, title insurance litigation, securities litigation, white collar criminal matters and trusts and estate litigation.
Over the past decade, Mark has defended several major pharmaceutical manufacturers in a variety of legal arenas, including the defense of mass tort claims and class actions in multi-district federal litigation. Additionally, he has represented several preeminent hotel chains and restaurateurs in premises liability and health code litigation. Mark has successfully defended several significant product liability actions including the defense of a large industrial machinery manufacturer against a claim that its product was defectively designed. His experience in product liability litigation led Mark to be selected as a contributing editor to the Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004).
Mark has argued cases before courts at both the trial and appellate level. He has successfully tried cases in New Jersey Superior Court, the Eastern District of New York, and Tax Court.
At the appellate level, Mark has successfully appealed cases to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, and most recently to the New Jersey Supreme Court as an amicus curiae in State v. Edmonds 211 N.J. 117 (2012).
After graduating magna cum laude from Syracuse University with a Juris Doctorate and a Master’s Degree in Communications, Mark began his legal career serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Joyce E. Munkacsi and the Honorable Deborah J. Venezia in the Criminal Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Law Journal, “New Leaders of the Bar” (2013)
- New Jersey Rising Stars - Personal Injury Defense; Products (2009-2015)
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, "The Court's Role as Gatekeeper", NJSBA/NJICLE Mass Torts Seminar (2021)
- Presenter, “You’ve Been Served – The Things You Need to Do Immediately and the Things You Should Have Already Done, ” CLE
- Contributing Editor, Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004)
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Graduate of the ABA/TIPS National Trial Academy