Deborah A. Cmielewski is a partner with the firm, a member of the Health Care Law and Corporate Practice Groups and co-chair of the firm’s Pharmaceutical Industry and Pharmacy Practice Group. She also sits on the firm’s Management Committee.
Ms. Cmielewski provides advice and counsel to health care providers, including health care systems; providers of services to the intellectually and developmentally disabled; mental health and substance use disorder facilities; physicians; veterinarians; home care agencies; and others. She also advises pharmaceutical manufacturers, group purchasing organizations and myriad vendors in the health care space. Ms. Cmielewski has significant experience in the representation of regulated professionals before administrative agencies in both health and non-health related professions. She also lectures frequently on health care and human resources topics and provides workplace compliance training in a variety of areas, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2.
Ms. Cmielewski previously served as Vice President, General Counsel of Armada Health Care LLC (n/k/a Asembia), where she also oversaw the compliance and human resources functions in the organization. She has over 20 years’ experience as a practicing attorney, holding key positions in health care corporate law and commercial/bankruptcy litigation. Early in her legal career, Ms. Cmielewski served as Chief of Regulatory Affairs for the New Jersey State Division of Consumer Affairs.
Areas of Concentration
Corporate and transactional; regulatory and compliance; HIPAA; 42 CFR Part 2; Medicare/Medicaid; administrative and licensing; fraud and abuse; employment counseling
- Villanueva v. Federal Express, Inc., 2008 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1303 (App. Div. 2008)
- Served as general counsel to a specialty pharmacy group purchasing organization providing channel management solutions, commercialization strategies and support services
- Served as in-house risk management staff attorney to hospital client during personnel leave of absence
- Represented regulated professionals before various New Jersey state regulatory boards (including physicians, hospitals, pharmacies/pharmacists, accountants, funeral directors, nurses, day care centers, engineers, real estate professionals and health clubs)
- Served as HIPAA counsel to both covered entities and business associates
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.