Deborah A. Cmielewski Partner
Deborah A. Cmielewski is a partner with the firm, and a member of the Health Care Law and Corporate Practice Groups. Ms. Cmielewski is also co-chair of the firm's Pharmaceutical Industry and Pharmacy Practice Group. She provides advice and counsel to hospitals, health care providers, group purchasing organizations, manufacturers and other business associates. She has significant experience in the representation of regulated professionals in both health and non-health related professions. She also lectures frequently on health care topics and provides HIPAA and workplace compliance training.
Ms. Cmielewski previously served as Vice President, General Counsel of Armada Health Care LLC (n/k/a Asembia), where she also oversaw the human resources and compliance functions in the organization. She has over 20 years’ experience as a practicing attorney, holding key positions in both health care corporate law and commercial/bankruptcy litigation. Early in her legal career, Ms. Cmielewski served as Chief of Regulatory Affairs for the New Jersey State Division of Consumer Affairs.
Areas of Concentration
Corporate, transactional and regulatory law and compliance, including HIPAA and Joint Commission issues; compliance training; fraud and abuse; employment counseling; administrative, licensing and regulatory matters
- Villanueva v. Federal Express, Inc., 2008 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1303 (App. Div. 2008)
- Served as general counsel to a specialty pharmacy group purchasing organization providing channel management solutions, commercialization strategies and support services
- Served as in-house risk management staff attorney to hospital client during personnel leave of absence
- Represented regulated professionals before various New Jersey state regulatory boards (including physicians, hospitals, pharmacies/pharmacists, accountants, funeral directors, nurses, day care centers, engineers, real estate professionals and health clubs)
- Served as HIPAA counsel to both covered entities and business associates