Robert F. McAnanly, Jr. has experience in a broad range of real estate and banking matters. He has negotiated and closed many commercial real estate conveyances, including those with environmental issues. The conveyances often included financing and leasing issues, as well as the disposition of cell tower and other appurtenant facilities.
Bob has represented both landowners and tenants in commercial and residential lease negotiations. For several years he drafted and negotiated ground leases for a church-affiliated non-profit landowner, involving both residential and commercial properties. Bob has extensive experience in title and survey matters and has been involved in the resolution of disputes involving the assertion by the State of New Jersey of its riparian rights. He has represented a leading big box retailer in connection with the acquisition of the fee or leasehold interest for several New Jersey stores. He also represented that retailer before local governing bodies and land use boards in matters related to the operation of those stores.
Bob has been involved in the development of commercial real estate, including the approvals process and negotiation of reciprocal easement agreements, access easements, water and sewer easements and other agreements with neighboring landowners and municipalities. He has represented several New Jersey banks and credit unions, in connection with real property secured financing. As a part of such financing, he has negotiated the subordination of various interests, including building naming rights, prior mortgages and other third-party rights and interests.
As part of the Banking and Finance Practice Group, Bob has found his experience in general real estate and land use matters to be an invaluable resource when representing both lenders and borrowers.
- Co-author, "PPP Extension Act of 2021 Signed Into Law," March 30, 2021
- Co-author, "Additional COVID Relief Package Signed Into Law by the President," December 28, 2020
- Co-presenter, "PPP Loans and the Forgiveness Process," New Jersey Association of Community Providers (NJACP) Zoom webinar, June 17, 2020
- Co-author, "Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020," June 8, 2020
- Co-author, "Applications for Loan Forgiveness under the Paycheck Proteciton Program," May 29, 2020
- Co-author, "Comprehensive List of Federal, State and Other COVID-19 Programs to Aid Businesses," April 28, 2020