Schenck Price’s Tax Planning Practice Group handles a wide range of business and personal federal, state and local tax matters. We advise owners and operators of start-up ventures, closely held businesses and other businesses on the relative tax benefits of structuring business enterprises through means including limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, S corporations, C corporations and joint ventures. Care must be taken to properly structure ventures with taxation issues in mind. Decisions made at the outset of any transaction will affect not only incurred taxation during the venture, but also the heirs of the founder upon sale and/or transference of the business. For decades, our experienced Tax team has provided comprehensive tax planning and advice to large and small businesses, as well as individuals.
Clients turn to Schenck Price’s Tax Planning Practice Group for help in tax planning and the execution of the orderly transition and disposition of assets during their lifetimes and beyond so as to minimize the tax burden on their families and beneficiaries. We have handled numerous United States and New Jersey Tax Court matters.
Working with our Nonprofit Organizations practice, we advise clients on obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, treatment of unrelated business taxable income, fundraising issues and compliance with federal and state disclosure rules.
Services to Clients
- Taxation relating to estates and trusts
- Individual income, gift and estate tax planning
- Formation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other business entities
- Tax implications of merging and acquiring businesses
- Reorganizations of corporations, partnerships and other entities
- Tax aspects of corporate and real estate transactions
- Dissolution and disposition of businesses and assets
- Tax aspects of real estate transactions
- Tax planning for tax-exempt and not-for-profit organizations
- Audit and collection disputes with local, state and federal authorities in administrative proceedings and litigation
- Structuring tax-free like-kind exchanges
- Internal Revenue Service and New Jersey tax liabilities/workouts
AlertsOct 16, 2020Executive Order Extends Deadline for 2019 Corporate Business Tax Calendar Year Return FilingSep 6, 2018Tax Report - September 2018Sep 7, 2017IRS Revokes Hospital's IRC 501(c)(3) Status for Failure to Comply with Requirements Imposed Under IRC 501(r)