A devastating injury turns the life of the victim – and the victim’s family – upside down. How the individual bounces back from this calamity may depend greatly upon the quality of legal representation and the commitment the lawyer has to resolving the matter in his or her best interests.
From automobile claims to defective products, from workplace and railroad injuries to nursing home negligence or medical malpractice, the Personal Injury team at Schenck Price has extensive experience protecting the rights of significantly harmed victims.
Many individuals injured in accidents do not know their rights and need attorneys to help them navigate the often complex path to a settlement. In most cases, a successful claimant can recover money damages not only for pain, suffering, disability and impairment, but also for lost income and medical and other expenses caused by the accident.
The key to handling a personal injury claim successfully is to demonstrate an accident’s effect on a client’s life. This involves a complete investigation into how the accident occurred and a thorough understanding of the nature and extent of a client’s injuries. Our attorneys do whatever needs to be done in order to maximize a client’s recovery, whether the matter is settled out of court or needs to go to trial.
Schenck Price routinely handles personal injury cases on a contingency basis. Typically, the client pays a fee to our firm only if and when a financial agreement or judgment is reached for the individual. If there is no recovery, the client does not pay any attorney fees.
The quality of legal representation is crucial. Equally important, we believe, is how we work with our clients. We are selective in matters we take on, only taking cases that we believe we have a good chance of winning. We very much see ourselves as our clients’ partners in their matter. We have a vested interest in their success. We take a personal interest in each client’s life, including their needs and goals, and the outcome they seek.
Services to Clients
- Employment-related accidents, including worker’s compensation cases
- Nursing home and medical negligence/malpractice
- Automobile accidents
- Defective products
- Toxic torts
- FELA/railroad injuries
Among recent matters we successfully resolved on our clients’ behalf were:
- A $6 million recovery for a young man who suffered brain damage and loss of vision resulting from an automobile manufacturing defect
- A $2.1 million jury verdict to an assistant golf pro who was severely injured when he fell and struck his neck on the wooden perimeter of a sand trap at a country club
- A $1.25 million recovery on behalf of a client whose wife died in a car accident
- A $1 million recovery in an automobile accident case involving failed TMJ surgery resulting in permanent damage to the trigeminal nerve
- A $1 million recovery for a worker in an action against a general contractor. The worker fell down an unprotected elevator shaft to the concrete base two stories below and suffered closed head injuries, fractured vertebrae and emotional distress
NewsMar 13, 20202020 Edition of New Jersey Super LawyersFeb 26, 2011NJ Association for Justice