Schenck Price’s Commercial Real Estate Practice Group assists clients with the acquisition, sale, financing, development, leasing and management of commercial real estate. We represent a wide variety of clients in transactions across all sectors of the real estate market, involving office, industrial, retail, multi-family, shopping centers and mixed-use properties.
To meet the demands of a fluid and constantly evolving real estate market, we have structured our practice group to be flexible, versatile and efficient. As a result, our group provides practical, business-oriented solutions to the challenges faced by our clients in all facets of commercial real estate transactions seamlessly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
In a typical real estate transaction, often ancillary issues involving other areas of the law arise. We create maximum value for our clients by utilizing a full-service, integrated team approach with other professionals and paraprofessionals within the firm in related and specialized fields such as environmental law, land use/zoning, tax, construction, landlord-tenant, foreclosure, insurance and finance to address such issues.
Areas of Focus:
- Acquisitions and Sales
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate and Construction Finance
- Zoning and Planning and Redevelopment
- Real Property Tax Appeals
- Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Real Estate Litigation
Our commercial real estate professionals regularly assist clients with:
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and leases
- Performing due diligence relating to the purchase, leasing or financing of real estate including the review and resolution of title, survey and environmental issues
- Formation of joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and other co-ownerships to facilitate the development, ownership or management of real estate
- Structuring and coordination of IRC 1031 or “like-kind” exchanges
- Securing zoning and land use permits, approvals and entitlements
- Negotiating liability and risk transfer arrangements with respect to environmental issues, including Industrial Site Recovery Act compliance, for purchase and sale agreements and leases
- Closing purchases, sales and acquisition and construction financing for real estate purchases and developments
Our commercial real estate clients include developers, investors, owner-operators and institutions. Our clients range from closely held and publicly-traded companies to large privately-owned real estate investment trusts, individual entrepreneurs and family businesses. At every phase of the real estate cycle, we work closely with our clients and their key employees to understand the objectives of each project or transaction and to plan the strategies and actions required to achieve those objectives.
NewsJul 25, 2022High Level of Deal-Making in First Half of 2022March 25, 2022Purchase of Industrial WarehouseMar 4, 2021Tax Appeal Deadline ApproachingMar 13, 20202020 Edition of New Jersey Super Lawyers