Schenck Price has been building its ties – in multiple, diverse ways – with its Florham Park neighbor, Fairleigh Dickinson University, beginning with a sponsorship of the University’s New Jersey Speakers Series. We established a committee, chaired by Cynthia Flanagan, to coordinate all our efforts with the University.
We worked with the University to create its first-ever Pre-Law and Legal Studies Externship in which a select group of students receive a hands-on, supervised learning experience in a law firm setting. Through experiences with a dedicated team of Schenck Price attorneys, the students:
- increase their substantive legal knowledge;
- advance their knowledge about the practice of law;
- understand the day-to-day responsibilities of attorneys;
- learn how attorneys apply the law to everyday situations;
- get a sense of different practice areas; and
- better understand what clients’ needs are and how attorneys address them.
In addition, Schenck Price funds a scholarship for a deserving pre-law student. Attorneys have made presentations to FDU alumni and at the Pharmacy School and Physician Assistant School. Partner Mark Silver has also taught a course in the Communications Department.
Schenck Price was recognized as the 2023 Pre-Law Community Champion by the FDU Program in recognition of its ongoing support to legal studies and its commitment to educating and training the next generation of attorneys.