For the past several years, Schenck Price has been building its ties – in multiple, diverse ways – with its Florham Park neighbor, Fairleigh Dickinson University, beginning with a sponsorship of the University’s New Jersey Speakers Series. We established a committee, chaired by Cynthia Flanagan, to coordinate all our efforts with the University.
In 2020, we worked with the University to create its first-ever Pre-Law and Legal Studies Externship in which a select group of students receive a hands-on, supervised learning experience in a law firm setting. Through experiences with a dedicated team of Schenck Price attorneys, the students:
- increase their substantive legal knowledge;
- advance their knowledge about the practice of law;
- understand the day-to-day responsibilities of attorneys;
- learn how attorneys apply the law to everyday situations;
- get a sense of different practice areas; and
- better understand what clients’ needs are and how attorneys address them.
In addition, Schenck Price funds a scholarship for a deserving pre-law student and supports FDU’s annual Charter Day scholarship fundraiser. Attorneys make presentations to FDU alumni and small businesspeople in the Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship’s “Zoom at Noon” program, as well as at the Pharmacy School and Physician Assistant School. Partner Mark Silver has also taught a course in the Communications Department.