"Schenck Price is a special place because of the good people who work here. My partners, our associates and counsel, and our staff genuinely care about each other."
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION PARALEGAL
Schenck, Price, Smith & King, LLP is seeking a paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to support the commercial litigation practice group in its Florham Park office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- strong investigative services including social media, asset searches and background research on individuals and high-profile adversaries
- conducting case docket searches for client litigations in both state and federal courts.
- handling debt collection cases filed in New York Supreme Court and New Jersey's Superior Court.
- drafting complaints, motions for default judgment and all other necessary pleadings in civil litigations to ensure judgments are entered against adversaries.
- handling judgment enforcement procedures, which include the docketing of judgments to create statewide liens
- reviewing and analyzing discovery materials exchanged in commercial litigations.
- drafting discovery requests and discovery responses.
- e-filing of documents in both state and federal courts.
Must be highly proficient in LexisNexis and e-Discovery platforms, such as Relativity and Logikcull.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational and writing skills, as well the ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines. The candidate must be able to work independently and as an integral member of this practice group.
Requirements include a paralegal certification or related job experience; a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is a plus.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to John Michael G. Neubauer.
Our Florham Park law office has an opening in our Accounting Department for a full-time Accounting Coordinator with a minimum of three (3) years of experience. This position is responsible for preparing invoices, electronic billing and other diversified accounting tasks as directed. College degree in Accounting and law firm experience a plus. Competitive salary. Please email your resume and cover letter to John Michael G. Neubauer.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.