William J. Buckley is a partner with the firm and a member of the Health Care Law Practice Group, as well as the Professional Liability Practice Group. Mr. Buckley’s practice is concentrated in the areas of medical malpractice, professional malpractice, general liability, and product liability.
Mr. Buckley is an experienced trial attorney and has extensive experience representing clients in both the state and federal courts of New Jersey. Mr. Buckley has significant experience representing various professionals in connection with state administrative hearings and investigation.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Buckley was a shareholder in a multi-state 400 attorney law firm where he managed the medical malpractice department for the Northern New Jersey regional office.
Mr. Buckley is a frequent lecturer for various professional groups, addressing issues of risk management and avoiding malpractice litigation.
Areas of Concentration
Medical malpractice, professional licensing issues, healthcare, complex civil litigation and general liability
- Represented emergency medicine physicians in cases alleging a delayed diagnosis of compartment syndrome.
- Represented emergency medicine physicians in multiple cases alleging a delayed diagnosis of a myocardial infarction.
- Represented psychiatrists in cases alleging malpractice in connection with patient suicide.
- Represented pathology laboratories in cases alleging a failure to diagnose cervical cancer.
- Represented hospitals in multiple premises liability cases.
- Represented surgeons in multiple cases alleging a delay in diagnosing bowel perforation caused during surgery.
- Represented a urologist in a case involving the development of a rectal fistula following radiation therapy for prostate cancer.
- Represented nurses in multiple cases alleging nursing malpractice in connection with a patient fall.
- Represented hospitals in multiple cases alleging a failure to properly assess and treat post-operative complications.
- Regularly represents hospitals in guardianship matters.
- Represented pain management physicians in several cases alleging severe neurological deficits following the administration of epidural injections.
- Represented physical therapy facilities in cases alleging injuries caused by improper therapy techniques and defective equipment.
- Represented a psychiatric hospital in connection with a patient seizure and fall during treatment for alcoholism.
- Represented nursing homes in multiple cases involving the development of decubitus ulcers.
- Represented nursing homes in numerous cases involving patient falls.
- Represented an internal medicine specialist in connection with a claim of a delayed diagnosis of a spinal cord hematoma resulting in paralysis.
- Represented podiatrists in multiple cases alleging negligence in the performance of a bunionectomy.
- Represented a number of doctors before the Board of Medical Examiners.
- Represented a number of nurses before the Board of Nursing
- Represented several dentists before the Board of Dentistry.
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.