Joseph L. Roselle concentrates his practice on representing public and private school boards throughout New Jersey. His work includes state funding issues; construction contracts; commercial and professional contracts; employee rights, including seniority, tenure, discrimination and discipline issues; discrimination and harassment investigations; environmental issues; property sale and acquisition; employment disability and leave claims; student rights, discipline and residency issues; compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act and Open Public Records Act; public contracting and related public bidding issues; ethics and conflict of interest issues; commercial disputes; insurance; indemnification; employee benefits; constitutional matters; and land use and zoning issues.
He has represented school districts in a variety of H.I.B.-related litigation. He also counsels on issues concerning employee discipline, tenure and seniority, the evaluation process and leave rights, as well as discrimination and whistleblower claims. Mr. Roselle has represented boards of education in the collective negotiation process, including related impasse and fact-finding proceedings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Roselle practiced in the areas of public entity law, insurance defense, and real estate. Before entering the practice of law, he worked for a private company where he prepared and reviewed contracts and bid specifications for municipal services, as well as contracts for the sale of goods to regional and national retailers.
Mr. Roselle’s prior experience has proven invaluable to his practice in which he handles a variety of issues on behalf of school districts, including matters such as bid and contract development for school construction projects, labor negotiations and the handling of student, personnel and labor matters before the Commissioner of Education, Office of Administrative Law, State Courts and the Public Employment Relations Commission. Mr. Roselle is a Trustee for the New Jersey Association of School Attorneys and frequently lectures on current issues in school law.
- Has successfully represented school districts throughout the State of New Jersey in matters related to teacher tenure, student residency, and discipline and school district contracting
- Has represented local governments and insurance companies throughout New Jersey on a variety of matters, including numerous issues related to “Title 59” public entity defense
- Regularly appears before the Office of Administrative Law, Commissioner of Education, Public Employment Relations Commission, and State Court in his representation of school districts
- Advises clients on a variety of general school law issues
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.