Among her various areas of concentration, Valerie Vladyka handles insurance coverage disputes arising under various types of insurance policies for several prominent insurance carriers. Valerie’s experience and knowledge of insurance coverage has provided insight and guidance in the defense of clients involving claims of additional insured status and contractual indemnification. It has also enabled her to counsel the Firm’s clients in the negotiation of sub-contract agreements and commercial leases related to provisions for insurance coverage and indemnification.
Valerie represents small to mid-size businesses in a range of commercial disputes, counseling them whenever possible on actions they can take to avoid litigation, and aggressively representing them in litigation whenever that proves necessary.
As part of the Firm’s Appellate Practice Group, Valerie has handled numerous appeals for clients on a wide range of cases in the Appellate Division, Supreme Court of New Jersey and Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Her appellate judicial clerkship and extensive experience in appellate advocacy have resulted in several published appellate decisions.
Early in her career, Valerie served a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James J. Petrella, P.J.A.D., Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
- Included on the list of "Bergen County's Top Lawyers 2020" by Bergen Magazine, in the category of Insurance
- Included on the list of (201) magazine’s “Top Lawyers” in Insurance Law and Appellate Practice, in 2018 and 2019
- Selected to the 2015 through 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers® list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Insurance Coverage*
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Rising Stars® list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Insurance Coverage*
- Co-presenter, "Employment Issues Related to COVID and the 'Return to the Workplace,'" Bergen County Professional Women's Network, September 21, 2021
- Speaker, "Privilege and Ethical Issues," a NJICLE Insurance Coverage Boot Camp webcast, November 18, 2021
- Speaker, NJICLE Insurance Law Summer Institute webinar, August 5-6, 2020
- Author, Remote Notarial Services Permitted During the Health Crisis, April 15, 2020
- Panelist, “Business Law Essentials,” Bergen County Professional Women’s Network, April 5, 2019
- Lecturer at Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company seminar entitled "Tendering a Defense," November 2014
- Co-Author, "ERISA Liens in Personal Injury Cases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, August 2014
- Lecturer, New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) Annual Meeting on Mold Exclusion, 2011
- Member, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member, District IIA (Northern Bergen County) Fee Arbitration Committee
- Vice Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Insurance Law Section
- Girl Scout Leader
- Former Officer and present Executive Board Member Midland School #1 PTA
- Alternate Member of the District llB Ethics Committee (South Bergen County)
- Member, Executive Committee - Morris Pashman Inn of Court
- Represents clients in various federal and state matters involving construction defects, general negligence, toxic torts, and insurance coverage disputes
- Represents a national home warranty company for all claims in New Jersey
- Represents clients in defense of claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Nicosia v. Wakefern Food Corp., 136 N.J. 401 (1994) (representation of an employee in wrongful termination suit based upon purported disclaimer in employee handbook)
- A&S Fuel Oil Co., Inc. v. Royal Indemnity Co., Inc., 279 N.J. Super. 367 (App. Div. 1995), certif. denied 141 N.J. 98 (1995) (successfully defended pollution claims under Absolute Pollution Exclusion in commercial automobile policy)
- Marino v. Indus. Crating Co, 358 F.3d 241 (3rd Cir. 2004) (defense of contractor under borrowed servant doctrine)