With more than 45 years of experience, Sidney A. Sayovitz served as the Firm's Managing Partner and Chair of its Management Committee. He co-chairs the Firm's Telecommunications Practice Group. Sid is also a member of both the School Law and Corporate Practice Groups.
Sid first joined Schenck Price in 1996, left in 2000 to serve as Executive Vice President and General Counsel of a publicly traded telecommunications company, and returned to the Firm in 2002. His areas of concentration are telecommunications, public utilities, transactional law and education.
Sid has been repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of public utilities. He has shared his knowledge and experience through lectures for New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association, New Jersey Bar Association and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) on a variety of topics.
Among his professional, business and civic affiliations, Sid served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for Lexent, Inc., and Regional Counsel, Eastern Region, United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. The former president of the New Jersey Association of School Attorneys, Sid also served as Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy's President and Chairman (2003-2007).
- AV® rated, the highest rating conferred by Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and professional ethics, based upon a peer review of the Bar and the Judiciary
- Repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Public Utilities
- President, New Jersey Association of School Attorneys (1998-2000)
- Moderator at 2014 seminar entitled, "The Emerging Challenge to Non-Profit Real Property Tax Exemption"
- Has lectured extensively for New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association, New Jersey Bar Association, and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) on a variety of topics
- General Counsel and Senior Vice President, Lexent, Inc. (2000-2001)
- Regional Counsel, Eastern Region, United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (1978-1980)
- President and Chairman of Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy (2003-2007)
- Negotiated complex acquisition and financing of telecommunications companies
- Negotiated contracts between public utilities for construction and engineering services
- Represented school districts in federal and state court, Office of Administrative Law, and the New Jersey School Ethics Commission
- Represented client in acquisition and sale of radio station
- Successful representation of clients in regulatory proceedings at New Jersey Board of Public Utilities