Brian R. Lehrer co-chairs the Firm's Commercial Restructuring and Workouts Practice Group and focuses on commercial foreclosures. He also has wide-ranging experience in representing commercial landlords in landlord-tenant matters involving both commercial and residential evictions and litigation.
In addition to commercial foreclosures and his representation of commercial landlords, Brian handles employment matters for the Firm, including the defense of employment-related disputes, and has drafted numerous employer handbooks for the firm’s corporate clients.
Brian also has extensive experience in civil trial work. He has tried more than 50 cases in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury to verdict before juries and judges. He has also participated in a number of appeals, including two matters that were certified to the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Author, Litigation Blogs, "Bystander Claim"; "Product Liability Case"; "Appellate Division"
- Author, "Insurance Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Litigation," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 2017
- Author, "Premises Liability," New Jersey Lawyers Magazine, August 2014
- Co-Author, "ERISA Liens in Personal Injury Cases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, August 2014
- Co-Author, "Attorneys' Fees in ERISA Cases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, February 2012
- Co-Author, "What's in a Name?, U.S. Supreme Court Defines "Supervisor", New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 2014
- Member, Editorial Board, New Jersey Lawyer magazine
- Special editor, New Jersey Lawyer magazine, ADR special issue, April 2020
- Co-editor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) book on New Jersey landlord-tenant law
- Former Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Insurance Law Section; Current Editor/Author of the Section’s newsletter