Brian R. Lehrer co-chairs the Firm's Commercial Restructuring and Workouts Practice Group and focuses on commercial foreclosures. He also has wide-ranging experience in representing commercial landlords in landlord-tenant matters involving both commercial and residential evictions and litigation.
In addition to commercial foreclosures and his representation of commercial landlords, Brian handles employment matters for the Firm, including the defense of employment-related disputes, and has drafted numerous employer handbooks for the firm’s corporate clients.
Brian also has extensive experience in civil trial work. He has tried more than 75 cases in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury to verdict before juries and judges. He has also participated in a number of appeals, including two matters that were certified to the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Author, "Appellate Division Rules Complaint Filed After a Plaintiff Has Died a Nullity," November 5, 2020
- Author, "Supreme Court Clarifies Claim Concerning Consumer Fraud Act and Products Liabililty Act," October 29, 2020
- Author, "Supreme Court Addresses Right to Be Free from 'Unreasonable' Seizures," October 19, 2020
- Author, "Recent Supreme Court Decisions," October 16, 2020
- Panelist, "Reasonable Expectations Doctrine," NJDA 2020 Insurance Coverage Webinar, September 25, 2020
- Author, "Recent Cases," August 3, 2020
- Co-editor, "Landlord/Tenant Basic Skills," New Jersey Bar Association's Practical Skills Series, 2019 edition
- Author, "Admissibility of Expert Testimony and Propriety of Cross-Examination and Closing Arguments," June 19, 2020
- Author, "New Jersey Appellate Court Holds that Ongoing-Storm Rule Does Not Apply in New Jersey," April 14, 2020
- Author, "Supreme Court Holds No Duty of Landlord to Remove Snow and Ice from Private Driveway," April 1, 2020
- Author, New Jersey Appellate Court Holds that Ongoing-Storm Rule Does Not Apply in New Jersey
- Author, Litigation Blogs, "Bystander Claim"; "Product Liability Case"; "Appellate Division"
- Author, "Insurance Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Litigation," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 2017
- Co-Author, "What's in a Name?, U.S. Supreme Court Defines "Supervisor", New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 2014
- Author, "Premises Liability," New Jersey Lawyers Magazine, August 2014
- Co-Author, "ERISA Liens in Personal Injury Cases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, August 2014
- Co-Author, "Attorneys' Fees in ERISA Cases," New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, February 2012
- Member, Editorial Board, New Jersey Lawyer magazine for 20 years, former chairman
- Special editor, New Jersey Lawyer magazine, ADR special issue, April 2020
- Co-editor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) book on New Jersey landlord-tenant law
- Member and former Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Insurance Law Section; former editor/author of the Section’s newsletter