Co-chair of Schenck Price’s Health Care Law Practice Group, Brian M. Foley has wide-ranging experience in fraud and abuse counseling, reimbursement, managed care contracts, medical staff issues, employment and compliance matters. Further, Brian represents providers in state and federal regulatory matters, including professional licensing board matters. Brian is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association's Health and Hospital Law Section.
Among Brian's professional activities is his role as former associate editor of HealthSpan, The Report of Health Business and Law.
Prior to joining Schenck Price, Brian was the Vice President and General Counsel of Cathedral Healthcare System in Newark, NJ, and a partner in the law firm of Kalison, McBride, Jackson & Murphy. Early in his career, he clerked for the Honorable Thomas S. O’Brien, Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
- Included on the list of Morris/Essex Health & Life magazine's 2018, 2019 and 2020 "Top Lawyers" in Health Care Law
- Selected to the 2017 through 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Health Care Law
- Contributing author, December 2020 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author April 2020 Health Law Dispatch
- Author, "CMS Increases Medicare Reimbursement for COVID-19 High-Throughput Lab Tests to Encourage Rapid Testing," April 15, 2020
- Contributing author, April 2020 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, October 2018 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, August 2018 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, May 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Co-author, "The Substance Use Disorders Law, P. L. 2017, c. 28, Imposes New Requirements and Limitations on Prescribing of Controlled Dangerous Substances, and Special Requirements for the Management of Acute and Chronic Pain," April 11, 2017
- Co-author, "The Substance Use Disorders Law, P. L. 2017, c. 28, Imposes New Requirements on Certain Health Insurance Plans, Related to the Coverage for Treatment of Substance Use Disorders," April 11, 2017
- Contributing author, March 2017 Health Law Dispatch
- Contributing author, November 2016 Health Law Dispatch
- Former Associate Editor, HealthSpan, The Report of Health Business and Law
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Health and Hospital Law Section
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey v. Christine Grant, 343 N.J. Super. 162 (App. Div. 2001) (Hospital Charity Care Reimbursement)
- Petroco v. Dover General Hospital and Medical Center, 273 N.J. Super. 501 (App. Div. 1994), cert. denied, 138 N.J. 264 (1994) (Hospital Policies and Procedures Regarding Chiropractors Admission to the Medical Staff)
- Courtney v. Shore Memorial Hospital, 245 N.J. Super. 138 (App. Div. 1990) (Hospital and Medical Staff Authority to Take Correction Action Against Member of Staff)
- A.W. v. Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services, 94 N.J.A.R. 22 (DMA) (1994) (Individual's Eligibility for Medicaid Long Term Care Benefits and Asset Transfers)