James Polles concentrates his practice in real estate development, redevelopment and land use matters regarding industrial, commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate development projects. His extensive experience allows him to advise clients on both the planning elements of real estate development and all aspects of the redevelopment process, including but not limited to the negotiation of redevelopment agreements, developer's agreements, purchase and sale agreements, easements and related access agreements, and lease agreements, as well as representation of clients before various planning boards and agencies.
James's experience also includes the negotiation of short and long-term financial agreements governing payments in lieu of taxes and other incentive programs, in addition to representing borrowers in related financings and transactions.
James’s knowledge of local government operation provides him a unique insight into the decision-making process of elected officials and key governmental employees, by way of his previous experience providing general and special counsel services for various municipalities and planning boards.
- Selected to the 2021 New Jersey Rising Stars® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Real Estate
- Co-author, "Bergen County Improvement Authority Cannot Use the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law as a "Cloak" for the Local Public Contracts Law," July 23, 2021
- Author, "Recent Decision is a Warning for Real Estate Developers," July 13, 2021
- Author, "Governor Murphy Signs New Jersey Economic Recovery Act of 2020 Including Tax Credit Incentives for Real Estate Development," January 8, 2021
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Morris County Bar Association