Carly M. Clinton is an associate in Schenck Price’s Land Use and Commercial Real Estate practice groups. Her Land Use and Redevelopment practice includes representation for a broad range of land use matters for developers, investors, nonprofits, and institutional clients as well appearing before planning boards on behalf of clients and obtaining land use approvals. Carly’s Commercial Real Estate representation encompasses the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate including drafting initial letters of intent, contract negotiations, due diligence, financing, and closings.
Carly prides herself on a strong work ethic, an aggressive approach, and attention to detail that have resulted in successful outcomes for clients. She brings a passionate approach to each matter and proactively keeps clients updated and informed throughout the process.
Additionally, she has extensive experience representing community associations throughout New Jersey and New York on a wide range of matters, including all general counsel issues including litigation, general real estate, and lending. Carly also has experience representing lending banks in their lending transactions for purchases and refinances. She has handled loans for cooperatives, condominiums, and investment properties. She also has experience representing both boards and developers in litigation over construction defects. Carly has broad expertise in landlord-tenant matters involving right of succession proceedings, non-primary residence proceedings, nuisance cases, licensee proceedings, and lease expiration holdovers.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked as an associate at a general practice law firm in New Jersey and a real estate firm in New York City.
- Selected to the 2021- 2022 New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars®* list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Real Estate
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to read Awards & Honors Methodology.
- Communications and Development Editor for the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Law Journal
- A Practitioner's Guide to Understanding Interest, New York Law Journal, 2017
- Member, Leadership Morris, Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2023
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Land Use Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Morris County Bar Association