A recipient of the Brandeis Society Award for legal and community achievement, Stephen A. Geffner was a founder and senior partner of Gallo Geffner Fenster, P.C., which merged with Schenck, Price, Smith & King, LLP. With his vast experience in representing commercial and individual real estate developers and in obtaining real estate subdivisions and with regard to other land use issues, Mr. Geffner’s clients have obtained approvals for cell towers, child care facilities, retail centers, and major residential communities. For this work, he was repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Zoning/Land Use.
Mr. Geffner appears on behalf of his developer clients throughout the entire State of New Jersey regardless of location. For example, he has successfully appeared in communities from Ocean County to the south, to Sussex and Warren Counties to the north and west.
In addition, he has represented—and continues to represent—injured workers in major worker’s compensation cases and injured parties, generally in personal injury actions of a serious and permanent nature. He has achieved multi-million dollar results in those cases over the years of his practice.
Actively involved in his community, Mr. Geffner is Livingston Township’s (New Jersey) former mayor, councilman, and Board of Adjustment Counsel.
The respect of his peers and adversaries for over 40 years brings him great pride in his devotion to the Law and to his varied clientele.
Areas of Concentration
Land use/zoning issues, real estate, workers’ compensation, and personal injury litigation
- Has represented plaintiffs in several multi-million dollar personal injury cases
- Represented Livingston Town Center’s developers for the Center’s approval
- Represents both self-insured individuals as well as a number of insurance carriers throughout northern New Jersey, including Liberty Mutual Insurance and Great American Insurance
- Represents Garden Homes, Roseland Development Companies, Millennium Homes, Eastman Management Company, Jacobs Enterprises, and Sterling Properties
- Represents many houses of worship in expanding or obtaining new facilities
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.