With more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Sayovitz recently served as the Firm's Managing Partner and Chair of its Management Committee. He co-chairs the Firm's Telecommunications Practice Group. Mr. Sayovitz is also a member of both the School Law and Corporate Practice Groups. Mr. Sayovitz first joined Schenck, Price Smith & King, LLP in 1996, left in 2000 to serve as Executive Vice President and General Counsel of a publicly traded telecommunications company, and returned to the Firm in January 2002. His areas of concentration are telecommunications, public utilities, transactional law, and education.
Mr. Sayovitz has been repeatedly selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers® * list, featured in New Jersey Monthly magazine, in the field of Public Utilities. He has shared his knowledge and experience through lectures for New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association, New Jersey Bar Association, and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) on a variety of topics.
Among his professional, business, and civic affiliations, Mr. Sayovitz served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for Lexent, Inc., and Regional Counsel, Eastern Region, United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. The former president of the New Jersey Association of School Attorneys, Mr. Sayovitz also served as Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy's President and Chairman (2003-2007).
He is fluent in Hebrew.
Areas of Concentration
Cable television, public utilities, corporate governance, commercial transactions, regulatory proceedings, and school law.
- Negotiated complex acquisition and financing of telecommunications companies
- Negotiated contracts between public utilities for construction and engineering services
- Represented school districts in federal and state court, Office of Administrative Law, and the New Jersey School Ethics Commission
- Represented client in acquisition and sale of radio station
- Successful representation of clients in regulatory proceedings at New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.