John P. Campbell’s complex litigation practice includes the representation of businesses and professionals in state and federal courts throughout New Jersey and New York.
Mr. Campbell is an experienced commercial litigator defending and prosecuting contract disputes, fraud allegations, internet and technology issues, as well as non-compete matters. He also regularly represents legal and insurance professionals against malpractice claims. Moreover, Mr. Campbell defends homeowners and businesses in complex construction litigation and substantial personal injury cases. He is also skilled in defending product manufacturers against liability lawsuits involving construction materials, windows and doors, and home appliances. In this capacity, Mr. Campbell also serves as national coordinating counsel for an insurance company defending construction product defect lawsuits across the country.
Mr. Campbell has chaired the Firm’s Technology Committee since 2017. He has written and presented on numerous topics regarding the intersection of law and technology.
Areas of Concentration
Business and contract disputes, legal and insurance professional malpractice, construction and home appliance product liability defense, general liability insurance defense.
- Represented defendant in fraud and RICO action regarding no-fault insurance and independent medical examinations in Eastern District of New York and obtained dismissal of action.
- Represented national bank in fraud and RICO action in Eastern District of New York and obtained dismissal of action.
- Represented landowner plaintiff in commercial lease dispute.
- Represented defendants and plaintiffs in internet defamation lawsuits in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Represented plaintiff in website and telecommunications infringement matter in the District of New Jersey and obtained favorable result to regain control of critical business platforms.
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of an insurer in a general liability action in New York state courts, obtained pre-answer motion to dismiss, and multiple affirmative appellate decisions. See Risk Control Assoc. Ins. Group v Maloof, Lebowitz, Connahan & Oleske, P.C., 127 A.D.3d 500 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dept 2015) and Risk Control Assoc. Ins. Group v Maloof, Lebowitz, Connahan & Oleske, P.C., 113 A.D.3d 522 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dep't 2014).
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of an insurer in coverage action in New York state courts, obtained favorable settlement after aggressive discovery practice, and summary judgment dismissing co-defendant cross-claims.
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of a plaintiff in a complex medical malpractice action in New Jersey Superior Courts and obtained favorable settlement after aggressive discovery practice.
- Defended malpractice action for insurance agency accused of failing to obtain flood insurance before Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Defended malpractice action for insurance agency involving complex business interruption insurance issues in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for an insurance company involved in construction product defects suits across the country.
- Defended window and door manufacturer in complex residential construction defect litigation.
- Defended construction material supplier in catastrophic injury litigation in New York state courts and obtained favorable appellate decision dismissing the case. See Verdon v. Port Auth. of N.Y. & N.J., 111 A.D.3d 580 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dept 2013).
- Defended home appliance manufacturer in residential home fire litigation.
* The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are issued by
Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology
can be found at Super Lawyers Selection Process. No aspect of
this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.