John P. Campbell Partner
John P. Campbell’s complex litigation practice includes the representation of businesses and professionals in state and federal courts within New Jersey and New York.
Identified as a Rising Star, Super Lawyer between 2012 and 2015, Mr. Campbell is an experienced commercial litigator defending and prosecuting contract disputes, fraud allegations, internet and technology issues, as well as non-compete matters among others. Mr. Campbell also regularly represents legal and insurance professionals against malpractice claims. Moreover, he is skilled in defending product manufacturers against liability lawsuits involving construction materials, windows and doors, and home appliances. Mr. Campbell is also experienced in defending homeowners and businesses in complex construction litigation and substantial personal injury cases.
Since 2005, Mr. Campbell has been actively involved in the Defense Research Institute, the leading organization of defense attorneys and in-house counsel. For five years, he was member of their Young Lawyers Publications Subcommittee and authored articles for their newsletters including The Whisper (Young Lawyers’ Committee Newsletter), Strictly Speaking (Products Liability Committee Newsletter), Covered Events (Insurance Coverage’s Committed Newsletter), The Business Suit (Commercial Litigation Committee Newsletter), and eNews (Technology Committee Newsletter). Mr. Campbell continues to attend DRI events, including the DRI Professional Liability seminar in 2015.
During law school, Mr. Campbell worked in the Appellate Litigation Clinic where he successfully sought an appeal for pro se litigant before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Ray v. Kertes, et al., 285 F.3d 287 (3d Cir. 2002). Mr. Campbell was also a member of the Interscholastic Moot Court Team and was a semifinalist in the Evan A. Evans National Moot Court Competition, as well as a quarterfinalist in the University of Buffalo Moot Court Competition. He was both a quarterfinalist and presented with the Award for Outstanding Advocacy in the Dean Riccio First Year Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Campbell is also active in his community serving as the legal advisor to the Summit Soccer Club. He has also served as a volunteer for the Juvenile Conference Committee, a panel of trained volunteers that hear and decide matters involving alleged juvenile offenders.
Areas of Concentration
Business and contract disputes, legal and insurance professional malpractice, construction and home appliance product liability defense, general liability insurance defense.
- Represented defendant in fraud and RICO action regarding no-fault insurance and independent medical examinations in Eastern District of New York and obtained dismissal of action.
- Represented national bank in fraud and RICO action in Eastern District of New York and obtained dismissal of action.
- Represented landowner plaintiff in commercial lease dispute.
- Represented defendants and plaintiffs in internet defamation lawsuits in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Represented plaintiff in website and telecommunications infringement matter in the District of New Jersey and obtained favorable result to regain control of critical business platforms.
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of an insurer in a general liability action in New York state courts, obtained pre-answer motion to dismiss, and multiple affirmative appellate decisions. See Risk Control Assoc. Ins. Group v Maloof, Lebowitz, Connahan & Oleske, P.C., 127 A.D.3d 500 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dept 2015) and Risk Control Assoc. Ins. Group v Maloof, Lebowitz, Connahan & Oleske, P.C., 113 A.D.3d 522 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dep't 2014).
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of an insurer in coverage action in New York state courts, obtained favorable settlement after aggressive discovery practice, and summary judgment dismissing co-defendant cross-claims.
- Defended law firm against claims of legal malpractice following the client’s representation of a plaintiff in a complex medical malpractice action in New Jersey Superior Courts and obtained favorable settlement after aggressive discovery practice.
- Defended malpractice action for insurance agency accused of failing to obtain flood insurance before Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Defended malpractice action for insurance agency involving complex business interruption insurance issues in New Jersey Superior Courts.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for an insurance company involved in construction product defects suits across the country.
- Defended window and door manufacturer in complex residential construction defect litigation.
- Defended construction material supplier in catastrophic injury litigation in New York state courts and obtained favorable appellate decision dismissing the case. See Verdon v. Port Auth. of N.Y. & N.J., 111 A.D.3d 580 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dept 2013).
- Defended home appliance manufacturer in residential home fire litigation.
* For more information about the Super Lawyers selection process, please go to:
No aspect of this advertising has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court