Gary Mazart Partner
Gary Mazart contributes his almost 30 years of experience to both Schenck, Price, Smith & King’s Estate, Gift and Charitable Planning Practice Group, of which he is co-chair, and the Elder and Special Needs Law Practice Group. In addition, he has taken a leadership role in a wide variety of professional, business, civic, and charitable organizations, including the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), the Alzheimer’s Association, Market Street Mission, a New Jersey-based Gospel rescue mission dedicated to helping people overcome homelessness, addictions, and disabilities and Daytop NJ, a residential substance and alcohol treatment program for adolescents.
His professional commitment extends to his regular lectures to professional and civic groups on estate, gift and charitable tax planning, elder law, and special needs planning. Some recent presentation topics for which he has prepared materials include “Grantor Trusts: Utilization in the Estate, Elder and Disability Law Practice,” “Federal Estate Tax Repeal: No Big Deal (For Most Elder and Disability Law Clients),” “Federal Estate and Generation Skipping Tax Repeal: Impact on Elder and Disability Law Planning and Drafting,” “Estate Tax Reform 2011—“Riding Off Into the Sunset—Again!!,” and “New Jersey Estate Tax and Related Changes: Doing the Hokey-Pokey—Drafting and Other Considerations.”
Mr. Mazart’s recent professional honors include his listing among the Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates by The American Lawyer magazine (2004-2013), and being named as both one of New Jersey’s Best Lawyers by Inside New Jersey, a publication of the Newark Star-Ledger (2011-2013), and in the top 10% of America’s Most Honored Professionals (2011-2012).
In addition to his leadership roles in diverse professional, business, and charitable organizations, he is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey, the Guardianship Association of New Jersey, Inc., and the Special Needs Alliance. Mr. Mazart is also an honorary trustee and former chairperson for Community Health Law Project, a not-for-profit legal services corporation serving the indigent, those with disabilities, and the frail elderly.
Areas of Concentration
Estate tax planning; charitable planning; lifetime planning for aging, illness, and incapacity; asset-preservation planning; estate planning and administration; fiduciary counseling; special needs planning; elder law including long-term health care planning for seniors; business and corporate transition and succession planning; and structured settlement planning together with trust creation for clients with special needs
- Represent individuals to create and implement federal and state estate tax reduction strategies
- Represent seniors and individuals with disabilities to create and implement elder law and special needs planning
- Represent individual and corporate entities regarding the administration and settlement of various estates and trusts
- Represent individuals, including seniors and individuals with disabilities, to develop and execute family asset-preservation strategies
- Represent closely held business owners and all publicly and non-publicly traded companies with transition and succession planning
* For more information about the Super Lawyers selection process, please go to: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html
No aspect of this advertising has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court.